USCIS is getting better and better at letting applicants know the progress of their immigration applications! Today we will talk about how you can use this new tool from USCIS, "My Progress", to track several applications, including Form I-130, I-765, I-485 and more!
How to use My Progress to track Form I-485 Green Card Application
Here are the steps:
- create an online account with USCIS here if you don't have one yet
- select your pending application
- once you link your application to your account, you will see a my Progress tab for your application
- You will now be able to see the estimated wait time until your case has a decision, along with a checkmark beside three milestones as they are completed
- Confirmation that the application was received
- Biometric services appointment (if required) has been completed; and
- The decision on the pending case.
What forms are now available for tracking?
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status - NEWLY ADDED!
- Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status - NEWLLY ADDED!
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Form I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative