Finally! There is a way to reschedule your biometrics appointment without any hassle! Check out this new tool USCIS has launched:
USCIS Self-Service Biometrics Appointment Rescheduling Tool
Now you don't need to call USCIS contact center to reschedule most biometrics appointments. USCIS has launched a new self-service biometrics appointment rescheduling tool to streamline their immigration services. This is available to be used for both paper=filed and online-filed benefit requests.
How do I use USCIS Self-Service Biometrics Appointment Rescheduling Tool?
Simply follow these steps:
- Create a USCIS online account if you don't have one yet here: https://myaccount.uscis.gov/
- Make sure your biometrics appointment date has not passed - you can't use this tool to reschedule the appointment that you missed already.
- Make sure you have acceptable reasons for rescheduling. Here are a few examples:
- Medical reasons - illness, medical appointment, hospitalization
- Previously planned travel
- Significant life events - wedding, funeral, graduation
- Inability to obtain transportation to the appointment
- Inability to obtain leave from employment or caregiver responsibilities
- late delivered or undelivered biometric services appointment notice.
- Select Biometrics Rescheduling Option and follow the prompts to fill out everything
- Print the new appointment notice and bring it to your appointment.
What if I missed my appointment already?